I remember when my Instagram account was only a personal one. I would post photos of myself, my food, and my travels across the world. It was fun, but I only had 600 followers. That was only six months ago. Today, I have 15,000 followers and am earning money on Instagram regularly. How did I do it? Well, its actually pretty simple.
I presented on how I make money on Instagram to a large audience in Chiang Mai, Thailand. You can check it out in the video below. I've also created video notes and a video timeline guide which can be found below the video. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask below!
Interested in using the same Instagram bot as me? Sign up here!
Presentation Overview (1:37)
- Instagram Introduction
- Growing your Instagram
- Monetizing your Instagram
- Marketing on Instagram
Why Use Instagram? (3:09)
- Simplicity of Instagram’s visual approach allows you to easily create a consistent theme, elicit specific emotions within your followers, and establish a strong brand identify (personal or business).
My Experience (4:05)
- 600 - 15,000 followers in 6 months
- Around 2,500 likes per photo
- Café/Coffee lifestyle theme
- Watch my course on Café Lifestyle photography to see my Instagram process.
Three ways to grow your account: (5:30)
- Consistent Content
- Targeted Hashtags
- Targeted Engagement
Creating Perfect Content (5:45)
- Only post your best images
- Consistent image style
- Consistent image focus/purpose
How to Use Targeted Hashtags (10:00)
- Specific, descriptive, and relevant hashtags
- Use hashtags with 1k-700k posts
Targeted Engagement (12:38)
- Following, liking, commenting
- Only engage with those active in your targeted hashtags
Third Party Applications/Bots (15:19)
- Although against Instagram’s TOR, bots are effective at increasing engagement with your target audience.
- Use correctly – take the time to find the correct hashtags and accounts to target for engaged followers.
- Click here to use the same bot as me. (It has been very effective)
- Apps that I use (VSCO, Lightroom Mobile, Preview)
- Analytics are an effective tool to see which of your posts are earning high engagement, and which are not. This allows you to optimize your posts for maximum engagement.
- Analytic tools to check out: Instagram Insights (built in Instagram tool), Keyword, and Hootesuite.
Three Ways I Make Money on Instagram (19:13)
- Promote my photography services through my Instagram (direct)
- Get sponsored to post on Instagram
- Affiliate Marketing
Marketing on Instagram (20:42)
- Utilize good lifestyle photos (don't have any? Hire a photographer or use stock)
- Utilize Instagram Influencers like myself
- Paid ads
Identifying Brands/Influencers (24:27)
- Identify by finding them interacting with your targeted hashtags
- Contact through Instagram DM or email
Other Tips (26:18)
Q & A (29:10)